Monday 18 May 2009

Day 03 - Agreda to Urroz (Pamplona)



Photo : I bet they don't have to do this on the Tour de France!

Up and off early again to try and avoid the heat of the day meaning I had to wrap up against the morning cold. It was a little overcast and a slight wind from 10 o'clock. As the day progressed the wind turned a little and was even more head on - not good for cycling. So head down and churn out the kilometres - some a little quicker than others. Especially when there is a snake curled up on the hard shoulder I was cycling in and it wasn't small. At first I thought it was something from a wagon - rope etc. and I guess it must have been 1m long and 5 cm diameter. And before you ask Rebecca - No I didn't go back to take a photo (and for those who don't know me - I really do hate snakes!!).

The route was comparatively flat today, so despite the wind I still made good time and decided to carry on without stopping for lunch and ended the days cycling in a beautiful little village - Urroz Villa. A quick call to the campsite to make sure it still existed and was open and we were off to set up camp and do some much needed chores - washing, servicing bike, shave etc. Then it was down bar, a medicinal glass of the local Rioja and something to eat, then back to the motorhome to write this blog. On the injury front - none to report apart from an insect bite on my right hand - the little ****** got inside my glove and has a feast. My hand is quite swollen, but I'll survive.

Last song on IPOD today : Bon Jovi - Always

Garmin Stats :
127km / 4 hours 49 mins cycling time / 26.5 kmh average 62.4 kmh max